So here I am about to do a little procrastinating… I told myself that I would finish one of my papers/essays today… well as you can see I am doing a great job at that. I need to give my head a little break right now. So I figured I would share a few random thoughts with you about Kuwait, well mostly.
1. I am irritated by the fact that I cannot watch any playoff games right now. Especially since the Canucks are still in and will make it all the way to the end. Our internet for the most part is too slow to stream the game, and we don’t get it on TV here. Also the games are typically while I am at work.
2. It is getting so hot here now. It is prime pool season woot woot. We are in the mid 40s everyday now.
3. Traffic is horrendous in this country. I am scared to see how I will drive when I get back to Canada.
4. The ‘rush hour’ in this country last all night starting around 6pm and going until midnight or later… people don’t sleep apparently.
5. I only have 20 more days of work left, then I am officially a full-time student again.
6. I didn’t think that I would ever be a full-time student again in my life… haha never say never right!!!
7. I am very blessed to have a Canadian passport. As we start planning our travels for the summer, and the recent travels that we have done, being a Canadian has been the only way to make it happen.
8. I would be happy to never see snow again.
9. The call to prayer is happening while I write this… I always get distracted when it comes on.
10. A regular black coffee at Starbucks in Kuwait cost about $4 Canadian, and typical latte costs about $7. And we thought that it was expensive in Canada.
11. Myself and Brad refer to our neighbourhood Hawally, as dumpsters and Hawally war cats. There are stray cats everywhere, and they seriously look like they just made it through a war. There are also big black dumpsters everywhere. Yup it’s great!
12. Call to prayer is back on… I am getting nowhere on writing this.
13. I was in my first car accident in Kuwait, nope it wasn’t myself or Brad driving. I was in a taxi. We got rear ended, and then slid into the taxi in front of us. I sure hope we never get in a car accident because I have no idea how they do things here, but all 3 drivers just handed over their id and insurance and then drove off. I think only a couple of words were exchanged. Good thing no one was hurt.
14. Gas is about 20cents per litre. Not bad hey. I have yet to see the price change once since coming here.
15. Osama Bin Laden is dead. Enough said.
16. We are very ‘thankful’ that the Canadian dollar is doing so well… but it makes it not so great to send money back home.
17. Two very common said words here: Inshallah and Wallah meaning if Allah wills it, or in Allah’s time, and then I swear before Allah. Well they mean something like that pretty much. But I am tired of people telling me that things will get done Inshallah, or that Wallah I tried. They both make for great excuses. Just for a bit it will be nice for people to take fault for their actions. Don’t worry I will not start a rant right now LOL…
18. I wish I spoke Arabic so that I knew what people were saying about me. Or just what they were saying in general.
19. Living in the Middle East right now is proving to be very interesting. Definitely a time in history that will not be forgotten.
20. I need to get back to work… Brad will be home very soon. And well if the call to prayer distracts me, just imagine when Brad is back LOL…